Friday, July 11, 2008

Old Box of Photos

So ... mom and dad sent me the very last box they had of mine in their garage. The box said "Francesca's old notes, letters and pictures and dried flowers" ... Daniel groaned when he saw it come in the mail and asked "Are we going to have to keep all of this old junk?" I ofcourse said we'd have to keep all of it (I am an unabashed pack rat).

As I started going through stuff it brought back so many wonderful memories!! But one of the best memories was this one package of photos marked "Grandpa's Birthday". I'm not in any pictures. I think it's because I was taking all of the pictures. It was so fun to open the package and be reminded of Grandpa, smiling and blowing out candles in our dining room in California. For some reason, Grandpa looks older in these pictures than he does in my own mind. I always picture him so young and capable and happy. Thought I'd share ...









1 comment:

christina clark said...

You are right, Grandpa does look older than what I remember him to look. Those are some great pics.